Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

This thread has been viewed 37 times
  • 1.  Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

Posted Sep 26, 2022 04:26 AM
    Hi, My MM does not show Access Points for AOS8.6
    But working well with AOS8.9
    I had tested it with same configuration but different AOS

Is it a bug?

• 2.  RE: Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2022 09:27 AM
    Could it be that the AP is not supported under 8.6?

Have not heard this behavior. If the APs are supported in both 8.6 and 8.9, the fastest resolution is probably to work with Aruba support.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2022 10:48 AM
    If you just upgraded, clear your browser cache to see if that fixes it.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 4.  RE: Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

Posted Sep 27, 2022 02:19 AM
    MM

VMC

I had tested on a new clean installed OS on PC and Incognito mode, It's does not work :'(

• 5.  RE: Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 27, 2022 08:08 AM
    What version of ArubaOS 8.6?  There are some fixes for improper AP count but not all of them might have made it into the 8.6 train you are running.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 6.  RE: Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

Posted Sep 27, 2022 11:47 PM
    Version 8.6.0.13, 8.6.0.17, 8.6.0.18, 8.6.0.19, I tested all of these AOS

• 7.  RE: Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2022 08:47 AM
    Is the MM and the MD on the same version of ArubaOS?

• 8.  RE: Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

Posted Sep 29, 2022 12:02 AM
    I solved it, by re-factory both MM and VMC with clean install, and re-configure it
    Using 8.6.0.18

• 9.  RE: Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2022 02:25 PM
    I have the same behavior migrating from 8.9 to 8.7.

• 10.  RE: Aruba MM does not show Access Point on AOS8.6

Posted Oct 04, 2022 10:34 AM
    I would do this command:  

"ap gap-db resync lms lms-ip (controller IP)"

on the MM and the MD from MDC.  I think its only need on the MM but if not do on both.   All it does is clears the AP list for that device and rediscovers them.    If that still does not work also do a "ccm-debug full-config-sync" from the MD device in MDC mode to resync the config and all.