Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

This thread has been viewed 117 times
  • 1.  Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 13 days ago

hi there

i upgrade Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller to version 8.10.0.11, after upgrade success i can't see WLAN config. Is this bug in version 8.10.0.11 ? I need upgrade to version 8.10.0.11 because from version 8.10.0.10 there is exploit

• 2.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

Open a case with TAC, that looks like a bug.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 3.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 12 days ago

Same thing happened to us.

You can still view the config from, Systems > Profiles, and then working your way down to the wlan config.

Definitely a bug, though I havenät had time to contact the TAC support yet.

• 4.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 11 days ago

Same here on our test setup(515's on 7210). Doesn't seem to be just cosmetic for us, WLAN is missing on AP's, so no SSID being broadcast. AP's restarting every couple of minutes since upgrade, like it is trying to reach controller, but can see them going up/down on controller. Provisioned a new AP using different network path(switch, WAN) same thing happens.

• 5.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

Hey Dan, please make sure to open a TAC case if you haven't already.

• 6.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 11 days ago

Our environment is pretty stable at 2x7220 - 8.10.0.10 (occasional AP reboots Cluster Hbt), but the 9.8 CVE-2024-33512 is not something we want to leave open, we can see if someone attempts to exploit the vulnerability (private party for the perpetrator :) and its contained for us. Not everyone is gonna have our luxury of containment and control. We thought about applying ACLs at AP ports on 8211, but new code fixes issue so...

Dan did you roll back code?

• 7.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 2 days ago

Edit: Our SSID's not being broadcast was due to licensing disappearing on the MC. Don't know why, assuming the VM MAC(s) changed for some reason as the Passphrase had changed when I compared it to what was on the licensing portal. Transferred the licenses using the current Passphrase and applied to the MC, SSID broadcast and AP's up/down issues resolved, AP's up for 3 days after. So that seems to have been a red herring for us. We just had the GUI issue for WLAN's like everyone else here.

A TAC was raised after posting here, they were no help in advising/suggesting I needed to transfer the licenses when it found the licenses were missing.

Updated to 8.10.0.12 Yesterday, testing continues, nothing obvious found.

• 8.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 8 days ago
    Hello,

I have the same situation at one of our customers.
    TAC informed us that the issue is known and offered also an BUG ID.
    But the ID is not listed at the release notes yet, so I don’t want to post it here before the release notes are not updated by aruba.

As workaround, you should be able to configure all SSID related profiles from CLI.
    If you can live with the vulnerabilities, you can decide not to update to 8.10.0.11….

---------------------------------
    Best regards, mom

• 9.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 8 days ago

Did you try open MCR web gui console using browser in incognito or private mode?

That's could potentially fix that

• 10.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 7 days ago
    Yes.
    And no, it was not fixing it in our case.

Best regards, mom

• 11.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 7 days ago

Would you be willing to share the BUG ID Privately so that I could reference it when I open a TAC Case along with my theory. I believe I've identified the issue through some testing in our lab. The issue only affected three of our WLANs [out of 10]  - and through process of elimination - if the "Virtual AP Profile" name contains a "Capital Letter" then the WLAN will not be displayed properly. This is specifically the profile name [your SSID profile and/or SSID broadcasting can contain a capital], it's specifically the Virtual AP Profile Name - seen under System -> Profiles -> Virtual AP

A potential work-around for those really wanting to use the GUI [since it does seem to be cosmetic] could be to perform a "Submit As" on each affected profile - and name it with all lowercase characters - and apply the new virtual ap to affected AP Groups. Although this will cause connected devices to reset

momentary/briefly I believe.

Example of WLAN with Virtual AP Profile with "Capital Letters" when viewing the "Profiles" Section [enabled via preferences] - you can see that the "Virtual AP" is blank.

Example of WLAN With Virtual AP Profile with "No capital letters" - still the same SSID though.

Also this is purely speculation on my part, but wonder if patching AOS-248739 [Resolved Issue in 8.10.0.11], was possibly the cause of this as that change was related to the the Configuration -> WLAN section of the WebUI and caused a new unintentional bug.

• 12.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 7 days ago

I also updated to 8.10.0.11 the week before last and had the same problem

• 13.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 6 days ago

not fix on my case

• 14.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 3 days ago

AOS 8.10.0.12 is released today, available soon at https://networkingsupport.hpe.com/, and should fix the display bug.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 15.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 2 days ago

We updated last night, and experienced the same issue. I have a TAC case opened and learned that there was in fact a bug. Another issue we have is that several AP's that are DOWN (125) and are unreachable by IP, I can't ping them. Do you know if the software update might have changed the config on the AP? We use static IP assignment. 

Thank you

• 16.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 2 days ago
    Hi,

do you updated to 8.10.0.11?
    Because 8.10.0.12 was released, the bug was fixed this week..

Best regards, mom

• 17.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 2 days ago

I suppose my question is, if I move to 8.10.0.12, with the AP's offline, will they get updated? Trying to avoid the need to visit 124 AP's.

• 18.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

Posted 2 days ago
    I recommend to discuss this with TAC.
    An option could be to downgrade to 8.10.0.10 (just MC‘s) and afterwards an upgrade to 8.10.0.12.

Best regards, mom

• 19.  RE: Aruba OS 8.10.0.11 can't see WLAN config in Mobility Conductor and Mobility Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

If the APs connect back to the controller then they will pull whatever version the controller is running, if there is a mismatch between AP and controller.

There's nothing about the 8.10.0.11 (or 8.10.0.12) upgrade that should have caused the APs to stop communicating with the controller beyond the initial upgrade and reboot process itself.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110