Wired

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Aruba Procurve (OS) User Group/Priv setup - having issues with this

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba Procurve (OS) User Group/Priv setup - having issues with this

Posted Oct 13, 2023 11:02 AM

Hey guys,

As the title suggest, I'm having some issues getting user groups to work properly. I have seen a lot of discussion suggesting that you run a few AAA commands, assign a user to a group and then you're on your way but I have run into nothing but issues with this.

Here are my switch models:

J9850A
    JL662A 
    JL258A
    JL073A
    JL320A

And here are the commands I have ran:

aaa authorization commands local
    aaa authorization group "TEST-GROUP" 1 match-command "show *" permit
    aaa authorization group "TEST-GROUP" 2 match-command "en*" deny
    aaa authorization user-role enable  <------------------- wasn't sure about this just tried it
    aaa authentication login privilege-mode
    aaa authentication web login radius local
    aaa authentication web enable radius local
    aaa authentication local-user "test-usr" group "TEST-GROUP"

I'm only trying to test right now so I can get it down but what I'm trying to accomplish is I want to be able to set up a user who has access to do very limited things, can see the show commands, can enable a port or disable a port.

I understand that I have enable set to deny but this doesn't do anything for me, I'm still able to elevate priv using the admin account, my thought is that "test-usr" would be stopped from using anything with "en" but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I can't see all show commands from the initial, unelevated prompt. I even tried to deny all show commands and still acting like everything is in a default config.

I don't want to use Manager/Operator because it's not granular enough for what we want to accomplish. 

Oh and the user is in the group and the match-commands are showing up in the group as expected.