Aruba Apps

View Only
last person joined: 7 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba S3500-48P Firmware

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Aruba S3500-48P Firmware

Posted Mar 05, 2024 01:13 PM

All I'm looking for is the latest firmware for the Aruba S3500-48P switch.

My switch suddenly stop accepting logins, including gui, Telnet and management. I tried rebooting, factory reset, deleting the configuration, nothing seems to work. I even reinstalled the ArubaOS_MAS_7.4.0.7_80725 firmware to no avail.

I can ping 172.16.0.254 no problem but I just cannot login.

I'm just a home server, playing with old server junk kind of guy, but my whole life's history is in those servers so It's important to me.

Any help and direction to the firmware page would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Firmware

Posted Mar 08, 2024 10:47 AM

Very strange but the only browser that let me log into the GUI was Firefox. The rest just prevent me from logging in. I'm sure it has something to do with an expired CA Certificate. So how do I get one! There's a place on the GUI that allows one to be uploaded. So where are these elusive Certificates?

Seems like no one is answering my questions on this forum. I think this Airheads community is broken.

• 3.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2024 12:35 PM

Firmware for the S3500 MAS (Mobility Access Switch) is on the HPE Networking Support Portal.

The S3500 is end-of-support for quite a while, and it's known that modern webbrowsers may have issues connecting because they require modern security protocols that are not in the old firmware of the the MAS. I doubt it has to do with an expired certificate. 7.4.0.7 is already the newest available software and there will not be newer. Using an old (portable) Firefox may allow you to access the WebUI.

If telnet/ssh/ping, all stop, I expect that you have a possible hardware failure.

If you want the create new certificates, and have access top OpenSSL, this ASE solution may help you.

Also, if you have servers connected to this switch, and the switch is broken, if you replace the switch with another switch, you probably can access the data again. The MAS does not store any data, it's just providing (standard) ethernet connectivity.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 4.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Firmware

Posted Mar 08, 2024 10:10 PM

I was able to get into the GUI using Firefox installed on Linux Mint and quickly added a password. Not sure why I wasn't able to log in using SSH but it's all working now.

Thanks for your help.

• 5.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Firmware

Posted 25 days ago

How is 7.4.0.7 the latest firmware? I have the same switch and it has 7.4.1.12 (build 72393) on it.

• 6.  RE: Aruba S3500-48P Firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

You are correct, I just checked the latest released. 7.4.0.7 was released in 2021, but 7.4.1.12 was released in 2019.

So 7.4.0.7 is the most recent firmware for MAS, 7.4.1.12 is the highest version number. As both (or any) version is unsupported at this time, there may be little difference in the end. I must admit that on a MAS that I'm still running in lab, I have 7.4.1.12 as well and it has been quite stable for years (but unsupported).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.