View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba S3500 Routing issue/question

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba S3500 Routing issue/question

Posted Dec 20, 2023 12:17 PM

Hi All,

I'm running into routing issue and hope someone can help me to fix it..!

Please see the diagram below, the issue Im running into is that I can not ping 10.10.11.x (SW0) from source with any SVIs either from SW1, SW2 or SW3. I can see OSPF neighbor between SW0 and SW1 on SW2 and also all the subnets routes on SW2 via OSPF. OSPF profile is added to vlan 2251 and 2253 and all the SVI/vlans are redistributed under ospf  (redistribute vlan command). I was trying to see any possibility to configure those L2 ports (1/1/0) as L3 wih IP address (192.168.251.x) but could not find the way around, and Im not sure if that's possible or recommended way..? 

Any comments/suggests are greatly appreciated.. Thank you..

• 2.  RE: Aruba S3500 Routing issue/question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 21, 2023 05:51 AM

It may be useful if you can share the (relevant) configuration of all the switches, as well the routing tables on each of the switches?

If routing does not work, use traceroute to find up to where routing works, and then check the routing tables why there is no proper route.

Not sure why you have OSPF in a network of just 4 switches, it makes things more complicated (unless switches are not in the same location).

Note that the S3500 is end-of-support for quite a while, so it may not be recommended to run these devices except for lab or non-critical environments.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------