Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba support Expiring soon

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Aruba support Expiring soon

Posted Nov 24, 2022 12:08 PM
    Hello All, 

our support of Aruba clearpass is ending soon which was provided by a reseller. we are not planning to extend it but there are couple of months in between until we implement a new wifi solution. 
    My question is what happens if support is ended, can we still use aruba clearpass for different features like MAC-Authentication, web based user registration and authentication etc or it completely stops working? 
    is there a risk to service if we don't renew support with reseller?

I am under the impression that access will still work but we will not be able to make configuration changes or get updates etc but I might be wrong. Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: Aruba support Expiring soon

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2022 07:10 PM
    for sure clearpass can operate without support service.
    I take it that your clearpass has perpetual licenses right?
    Support services will allow clearpass to be upgraded to the later version, patching and also to download onguard posture info, profiling signature and of course access to TAC 24x7

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------