Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba switch 6000 initial configs

This thread has been viewed 39 times
  • 1.  Aruba switch 6000 initial configs

Posted Aug 22, 2022 01:57 PM
    Hi,

I am having difficulties connecting to a brand new Aruba 1930 switch as I am unable to identify its default IP address. I tried 192.168.1.1 , 192.168.1.254, 172.16.0.254 …etc with no luck even the console cable did working properly thus I am relying on the default ip to access the switch.

can someone let me know what could be the default ip for that exact model? Is there any specific configs which need to be applied ?

thanks

• 2.  RE: Aruba switch 6000 initial configs

Posted Aug 23, 2022 01:55 AM
    The default vlan 1 is set to DHCP so it will receive an address from your DHCP server.

------------------------------
    Regards
    Martin
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aruba switch 6000 initial configs

Posted Aug 23, 2022 02:03 AM

And please be aware that the settings for console access are different to ProCurve / Aruba OS Switches...

see --> Connecting to the console port (arubanetworks.com):

• Speed: 115200 bps
    • Data bits: 8
    • Stop bits: 1
    • Parity: None
    • Flow control: None

• 4.  RE: Aruba switch 6000 initial configs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2022 02:14 AM
    Hello, 
    The switch doesn't have a default IP address (the same applies to all ArubaOS-CX) switches. In the default configuration all network ports are members of VLAN 1 and interface VLAN 1 is configured as DHCP client. That means that the switch will obtain an IP address when you connect any of the ports to a network with a DHCP server.
    If you cannot connect it to a network with DHCP, you can install some small, free DHCP application on your laptop and configure it to assign IP addresses. As soon as you connect the laptop to the switch it will obtain an IP address and you can use it to connect to it.

If this is not feasible you can use the console connection to configure a static IP address. The switch has 2 USB ports, make sure that you use the correct port for the console connection, this is the USB-C port and not the USB-A.

Here are some instructions how to configure IP addressing on interface VLAN 1 using DHCP or static configuration.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/AOS-CX/10.10/HTML/fundamentals_4100i-6000-6100/Content/Chp_IniCfg/cnf-dhc-sta-ip.htm

Some of the commands are not necessary in the default state, because ip dhcp is enabled in VLAN 1 and all port are access ports in VLAN 1 by default.
    Keep in mind that you need a default route if the switch has to be reachable from another subnet.
    Here an example for the static default route if the default gateway is 192.168.10.254

switch# config
    switch(config)#ip route 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.10.254