Security

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Switch accessible

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Aruba Switch accessible

Posted Aug 17, 2022 01:06 AM
    Hello Together, 

i have Problem with Aruba switches. 
    all switchs in the same Network. 
    and we have Monitoring System in the Data Center. 

the Problem is , that i can not ping the Switchs form data Center . but i can reach it with web interfach or ssh.

i checked the Firewalls , i can ping another devices from the Data Center, the device in the same netzwork.

and i can ping other switches ( HP, cisco)  normal. 

Can someone help.

• 2.  RE: Aruba Switch accessible

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 06:31 AM
    What type of switches? There are ArubaOS switches, AOS-CX, Aruba MAS, and all are different. Some have in-band management, others out-of-band management. Some can have ACLs that block traffic.

With this generic level of info, it may be better to reach out to your Aruba partner or Aruba Support to analyze what in your network may be blocking this traffic.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Switch accessible

Posted Aug 17, 2022 08:37 AM
    Aruba 2930F-48G-4SFP Switch (JL260A)

HP 2530-48-PoEP Switch (J9778A)

• 4.  RE: Aruba Switch accessible

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2022 12:07 PM
    Those should respond to ping if there is nothing configured to block it.

With this generic level of info, it may be better to reach out to your Aruba partner or Aruba Support to analyze what in your network may be blocking this traffic.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.