Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba WIPS

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Aruba WIPS

Posted Sep 14, 2022 07:42 AM
    dear expert 

we have 2 wirless setup aruba and mist 
    we had issue when user try to connect mist ap user cannot authenticate 
    i think aruba showed mist as rouge 
    how to troubleshoot in aruba controller in this issue 
    thanks to support

• 2.  RE: Aruba WIPS

MVP GURU
    Posted Sep 14, 2022 07:44 AM
    Are you using the same SSID on both? If so, I would suggest changing the names to be something different. You will not be able to see why authentication was not successful on the MIST AP on the Aruba Controller. You would want to check your MIST dashboard, and maybe check Marvis.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: Aruba WIPS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2022 09:10 AM
    An access point is detected as a rogue when it is seen on the wireless and wired at the same time by an Aruba device.  By default there is only detection and not protection, so it should not interrupt any authentication with third-party devices.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 4.  RE: Aruba WIPS

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2022 08:50 PM
    by default your IDS protection should be off.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.