Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

ArubaCX update workflow question

This thread has been viewed 21 times
  • 1.  ArubaCX update workflow question

Posted Jun 23, 2022 11:49 AM

Hello all,

I have two questions/points regarding the update workflow for ArubaCX switches.

Maybe someone of you has some tips for a better workflow.

I would like to try to simplify and automate the firmware update workflow.

For example, if I want to update from version 10.06 to version 10.09, so an intermediate update to version 10.07 is needed.

As far as I know, I get this information only from the release notes PDF, which I have to look through manually.

So I am wondering if Aruba provides an interface (perhaps REST API), whereby it is possible programmatically to get this information.

My second point is downloading firmware files:

Is there a way to automate the download process of update files as well? When I download a firmware file from the Aruba Software Portal, I get a link with some parameters, so that the link is not permanently valid. I understand why the download links are equipped with these parameters. However, downloading manually through the ASP is time consuming and not efficient.

Maybe someone here also knows a more efficient way.

Best regards,
    Robin