Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba7205), Version 8.7.1.3 - Upgrade needs?

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba7205), Version 8.7.1.3 - Upgrade needs?

Posted Jun 02, 2023 01:12 PM

Hello,

I've just deployed a new Aruba controller 7205 with the OS 8.7.1.3.

Should i need to upgrade this version to the Aruba recommended one? If yes which one?

Appreciate your kindly help

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba7205), Version 8.7.1.3 - Upgrade needs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2023 03:44 PM

Whether or not you upgrade will depend on if your access points need it to function or if there is an existing vulnerability or bug that affects you.

On asp.arubanetworks.com I would choose the LSR (Long Supported Release) checkbox and look at the release notes to make sure your controller and access points are supported.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba7205), Version 8.7.1.3 - Upgrade needs?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2023 03:36 AM

Something to add...

To evaluate which version of code is supported with which AP Series, here is a matrix which helps you with the solution - https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/matrix/matrix_WLAN-platforms-software-support-matrix.pdf

It is always recommended to use an Long Supported Release which is 8.10.x Code train and from this the most recent version. That is 8.10.0.6 as of today.