Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS8 Standalone Controller / mgmt ip unreachable if the production interface is down

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS8 Standalone Controller / mgmt ip unreachable if the production interface is down

Posted May 24, 2022 07:35 AM
    Hello,

I have a controler configured on standalone mode, with a mgmt interface.

When I disable the production interface of my controller, I can join the mgmt interface only when the source IP is on the same subnet as the mgmt subnet.

Also , i noticed that the bellow  cmd is not working on standalone platform

[mynode] (config) #ip default-gateway mgmt 10.34.97.250

Command supported only on VMC/MM platforms

How the controller work in this case ? it send ARP request event if the destination IP is not on the same subnet ?

Do you have any solution  ?

Thank you

------------------------------
    KHERRAB Abdelkader

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS8 Standalone Controller / mgmt ip unreachable if the production interface is down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 24, 2022 09:12 AM
    You cannot route traffic through a management interface.  You would typically be on a jump box on the same subnet as the management interface, plugged into the management interface.  That is the design.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card