View Only
last person joined: 8 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Ask about Aruba Mobility Controller Dashboard - Client parameters

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Ask about Aruba Mobility Controller Dashboard - Client parameters

Posted Dec 12, 2022 11:39 AM
    Dear,

I am developing a crawler program that can retrieve the data from the client page (as below).

So far I can get their parameter (as below), but I don't know their definition yet.

Could someone please let me know how can I get the definition of each parameter retrieved from the client page, for example, what is client_timestamp? the same with any other page from Controller Dashboard.

Thank you very much!

• 2.  RE: Ask about Aruba Mobility Controller Dashboard - Client parameters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2022 07:53 AM
    You probably better should use the Station API instead of scraping the WebUI. Most of the parameters in your screenshot should be easily mapped to what you see in the webui. As these attributes are internal use in the WebUI, there is no documentation. The client timestamp looks like a 'UNIX timestamp' and it probably is the time a client connected or last data was collected for that client. If you have a few examples that probably is easy to find out.

linux% date -d @1670735733
    Sun Dec 11 06:15:33 CET 2022​

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Ask about Aruba Mobility Controller Dashboard - Client parameters

Posted Dec 14, 2022 03:46 AM
    Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, I'm actually using the showcommand API (below) along with the web scraping, since I find the latter method is quicker and can provide the essential parameters that are necessary for my research.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/CLI-Bank/Content/landing-pages/aos8-home.htm

There are a lot of different command-lines here, and I just want to find the necessary information on the dashboard (eg Access Point or Client page). If you know these commands, please guide me. thank you very much!

• 4.  RE: Ask about Aruba Mobility Controller Dashboard - Client parameters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2022 09:24 AM
    show ap database long​

will give all APs including status.

show user

should give all connected authenticated users

show ap association

will give the associated WLAN clients. This is similar to the show user, except that you have a user per IP/IPv6 and clients that don't have an IP can show up under ap association. I would think that the clients list on the WebUI is a combination of show user and show ap association.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Ask about Aruba Mobility Controller Dashboard - Client parameters

Posted Dec 16, 2022 02:46 AM
    Yes, I think this answered my questions. 

So as far as I understand, the data posted on the Dashboard is aggregated from various command-lines. 

Thank you for your reply!

• 6.  RE: Ask about Aruba Mobility Controller Dashboard - Client parameters

MVP GURU
    Posted Jan 07, 2023 08:29 AM
    Yes !

PowerArubaSW : Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP...

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...)

PowerArubaCL: Powershell Module to use Aruba Central

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)..

ACEP / ACMX #107 / ACDX #1281