Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Assigning restricted user access for a receptionist

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Assigning restricted user access for a receptionist

Posted Feb 01, 2023 07:42 AM
    Hi all

I'm struggling to create an admin user role for Aruba Central that has some specific requirements. I have a customer who has a captive portal page but it uses a single user account for all users. This account is defined in the WLAN section under security. The authentication database is set to internal and the account is configured there.
    Ideally, I'd have a user role that only allows someone access to this specific page. If that's too restricted, I'd like them to at least be restricted to only the WLAN settings. 

Is this possible? There seems to be lots of possible options when you create a role but nothing that looks like what I want.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Assigning restricted user access for a receptionist

MVP GURU
    Posted Feb 01, 2023 08:04 AM
    See if this works for you. When you get to permissions, uncheck everything but the Guest stuff.  Then assign this role to your user

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022-2023
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Assigning restricted user access for a receptionist

Posted Feb 01, 2023 08:22 AM
    Hi, thanks, but that doesn't help. That restricts the account to be able to add users for cloud guest but this customer doesn't have it. He is adding the user into the internal database via the SSIDs security page.

• 4.  RE: Assigning restricted user access for a receptionist

Posted Feb 02, 2023 11:04 AM
    Hi, I don't think there is a especial priviledge you can assign in a role to do that :(

But, what about if you write a script (using APIs) that asks for the username you want to add or delete to/from the Internal database. Then you can create an app/webpage to use the script. I know it is the long way but i think is a way to accomplish what you need. 

I hope this helps