Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Authorization Sources domain.com AD is not present

This thread has been viewed 32 times
  • 1.  Authorization Sources domain.com AD is not present

Posted Jul 19, 2022 09:16 AM
    Hello everyone,

I cloned this ClearPass from our production and deploy it as testing environment. The current configuration on the production is suck, so we tried to reconfigure it from the scratch on the testing environment. While I was deleting all types of services and sources, I got the error message "Authorization Source domain.com AD is not present". I have the AD authentication configured in the ClearPass clone version and it's able to communicate with our DC as I can login to ClearPass with my AD account. 

Is anyone here able to delete the custom created sources before? Have anyone stumble into this error message?

• 2.  RE: Authorization Sources domain.com AD is not present

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2022 09:28 AM
    You would have  to join the new ClearPass to a domain for it to work with a domain.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Authorization Sources domain.com AD is not present

Posted Jul 19, 2022 11:23 AM
    It's the domain joined server. Otherwise, it won't able to communicate with the production. This one can perform everything the production currently does, but it still saying that the AD is not present.

• 4.  RE: Authorization Sources domain.com AD is not present

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2022 11:31 AM
    Maybe you should provide screenshots of what you have configured in your service, because that message is generic.  If a service only requires ldap or tacacs to another server for authentication, it doesn't require the server to be joined to the domain.  That could explain why some things work and some thing don't.  For 802.1x, that requires the server to be added to the domain.  Without more information, we are just guessing here...

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 5.  RE: Authorization Sources domain.com AD is not present

Posted Jul 19, 2022 01:09 PM
    All services are deleted.

Source: test

static host lists item

Delete error message

• 6.  RE: Authorization Sources domain.com AD is not present

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 21, 2022 11:23 AM
    Static host lists are unrelated to AD authentication; and it is unclear to me what you try to do when that message appears the screenshot is also truncated. I would recommend working with your Aruba partner or Aruba Support and have someone look with you while you go.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: Authorization Sources domain.com AD is not present

Posted Jul 21, 2022 02:04 PM
    Basically, we want to factory reset everything, but still keep the license. Even the HPE engineer has no clue of what going on, so he just clears out everything from the backend. We got all resolved. Thanks for your time.