Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AW 8.2.14.1 not showing topology

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  AW 8.2.14.1 not showing topology

Posted Aug 03, 2022 06:03 AM
    Dear Experts, 

I am using 8.2.14.1 with Aruba 7010 8.9.0.3. Single AP 207 is connected with this controller directly. I can see the devices up in Airwave but cannot see anything in topology view. Is it normal, will i be able to see just the controller and AP? if yes then what extra config might be required?

• 2.  RE: AW 8.2.14.1 not showing topology

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2022 04:49 AM
    You would need the switch that is connected to the controller or the AP to be managed in Airwave.  Topology depends on physical neighbors.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: AW 8.2.14.1 not showing topology

Posted Aug 10, 2022 05:08 AM
    I have 7010 controller with ap connected directly. Both of them are showing up in airwave. I can see the connected clients also and i can also see visualrf

But i dnt see any topology. So will there be any topology in my case?

• 4.  RE: AW 8.2.14.1 not showing topology

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2022 05:25 AM
    Do you have LLDP enabled? Can you see the APs in 'show lldp neigbor'?

Topology also depends on LLDP (or CDP).

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: AW 8.2.14.1 not showing topology

Posted Aug 10, 2022 06:35 AM
    I remember i ran this command and no neighbors were shown. But APs are integrated with controller and shouldnt be shown as neighbors I think

If i am wrong, do i need to enable something. I checked the profile already, lldp was enabled on controller

• 6.  RE: AW 8.2.14.1 not showing topology

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2022 08:08 AM
    Yes, you will need to enable LLDP Receive and LLDP Transmit on the interfaces (under Advanced on each of your interfaces); as well the APs should be configured to do LLDP as well (in the AP Ethernet Interface Profile).

If you don't see 'lldp neighbor' on the controller, you will not see topology in AWMP; so first make LLDP work.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.