Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Azure AD Auth Source

This thread has been viewed 104 times
  • 1.  Azure AD Auth Source

MVP
    Posted Jan 27, 2023 05:21 AM
    Hi everybody,

with the ClearPass 6.11.x release ClearPass now supports Azure as authentication source. The User Guide says: 

For ClearPass to access user details from  Azure, a ClearPass administrator needs to create an application and register it. Once registered, obtain  Tenant ID and Client ID details from the application's Overview page. The application also requires certain permissions in order for ClearPass to integrate smoothly.

Has anyone already created the application in Azure and can tell where I can find documentation which config is needed in the application?

• 2.  RE: Azure AD Auth Source

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2023 08:38 AM
    Quite sure there is documentation around creating the Azure AD application, but can't find it quickly... Here are the permissions that I use:
    Get the Tenant ID (3d... in the screenshot) and Client ID (1d...) from the App Registration page:
    And the client secret under Certificates & secrets.

If someone found the page for the documentation, please post here.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Azure AD Auth Source

MVP
    Posted Feb 02, 2023 07:30 AM
    Hello Herman,

thx for your reply.

I've created the App via the App Registration, and configured the permissions like you mentioned.
    Then I've added a new Authentication Source in ClearPass using the Tenant Id, Client Id and Client Secret. Test Connection stated "Connection Successful"

Then in one service (Wireless 802.1X) I´ve replaced the AD-Authenication-Source with the AzureAD-Auth-Source.
    If I now try to connect my client to the Wifi, using this Service, I can´t connect. In ClearPass I can´t see any entry in the AccessTracker, nor the Event Viewer.
    Strange behaviour: if I now try to login to a switch, which has clearpass configured as radius-host, I can't login anymore. In ClearPass I don't see any entry in the Access Tracker. I haven´t changed anything in the service, which is responsible for the Switch login....

• 4.  RE: Azure AD Auth Source

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2023 06:01 AM
    The AzureAD Auth Source should be added as Authorization only, it cannot be used for authentication.

How are your clients configured for authentication? They typically are managed by Intune to get them provisioned with a client certificate and the proper supplicant configuration. Note that password authentication (PEAP) is not supported to Azure AD. Check here a typical setup of ClearPass with Azure AD & Intune:

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Azure AD Auth Source

MVP
    Posted Feb 16, 2023 10:50 AM

Hello Herman,

my mistake. If added the Azure AD Source to Authorization, and everything works fine now.

Thx for your reply!

Kind regards

Matthias 

• 6.  RE: Azure AD Auth Source

Posted Feb 27, 2023 02:04 AM

Hi All,

Could you please provide link of Azure AD as authorization source? 

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Azure AD Auth Source

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2023 03:44 AM
    Please check the following page.
    https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ClearPass/6.11/PolicyManager/Content/CPPM_UserGuide/Auth/AuthSource_Azure.htm
    Below a screenshot of one of my role mappings.

William Bargeman
    Systems Engineer Aruba

• 8.  RE: Azure AD Auth Source

MVP
    Posted Feb 28, 2023 04:25 PM

In your Azure Application screenshot, where does the Application ID URI come from?

Bruce Osborne ACCP ACMP
    Liberty University

The views expressed here are my personal views and not those of my employer

• 9.  RE: Azure AD Auth Source

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2023 03:28 AM

Application ID URI is not needed when you use Azure AD as an authorization source. Application ID is only needed if you use AAD for SAML authentication within ClearPass.

Willem Bargeman