Comware

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Best method for VLAN QoS between 5406Rzl2, Comware 5130 and Aruba 2530

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Best method for VLAN QoS between 5406Rzl2, Comware 5130 and Aruba 2530

Posted Aug 10, 2022 08:26 PM
    Hi All,
    I have a Comware 5130 IRF switch connected via BAGGs upstream to a Core VSF 5406Rzl2, and by BAGGs downstream to an Aruba 2530, with time/delay critical CIP Safety devices talking through them
    Basically i want set the highest priority i can for a specific entire VLAN that handles all of the CIP Safety traffic, via the simplest config method.

On the 2530 (which connects to the Safety CIP device, and is tagged on the uplink to the 5130 for that VLAN) i have set the following:
    VLAN xxx
        qos priority 7

On the intermediate 5130 IRF switch (which is tagged on both the uplink/downlink for that VLAN), i have set the following:
    traffic classifier MatchAny operator and
        if-match any
    traffic behavior Priority7
        remark dot1p 7
    qos policy CIPSafety
        classifier MatchAny behavior Priority7
    qos vlan-policy CIPSafety VLAN xxx inbound
    qos vlan-policy CIPSafety VLAN xxx outbound

On the Core VSF 5406Rzl2 switch (which connects to the main CIP Safety controller and is tagged on the downlink to the 5130 for that VLAN), i have set the following:
    VLAN xxx
        qos priority 7

Is that all i would need to set on the switches, to prioritise VLAN xxx traffic to the highest priority between the Core switch and the 2530?
    Is it better to use DSCP instead of dot1p, or is there a better method for VLAN prioritisation that what i have implemented?
    I havent changed any of the priority map-table values.
    I have noticed under port priority that all the interfaces have a trust mode of untrust > my question, do i need to adjust any of those interfaces to dot1p/dscp if i have not changed/added any map-table entries.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
    James