Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

BPDU State - BpduError

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  BPDU State - BpduError

Posted Mar 22, 2024 02:06 AM

Good Day,

I have an interface in above state - how do I recover from it?

Also if I do recover the interface what command will allow me to monitor the terminal / interface in real time to see if the interface goes back to a BpduError state.

Any feedback will be apricated

Regards

• 2.  RE: BPDU State - BpduError

Posted Mar 22, 2024 03:11 AM

Good morning

Usually, an error recovery can be done by disabling an interface and re-enabling it after a few seconds. However, the port may go into the very same state soon after again, depending on the cause of this error. To me, it sounds a bit like you configured bpdu-guard and received one or more BPDUs on the port. 

So, you should elaborate a bit deeper on the root cause of it. Could you kindly share ...:

• the platform and software version you are using
    • the running config of the interface in question
    • the output of "show spanning-tree" (or likewise, depending on the platform you have)
    • the output of "show interface XXX brief" (where XXX is the interface in question)
    • the respective line in the log ("show log") which states the trigger for the error state

Regards, 
    Thomas