Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Cached VLAN Assignment?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Cached VLAN Assignment?

Posted Feb 13, 2024 05:23 PM

Hello,

on a 2530 switch sometimes a Port is assigned to Voice-VLAN even if that is a Computer. But then restarting and everything like that doesnt help at all, simply setting the voice-vlan to "forbid" takes the client to the office vlan. And today I've changed the voice-vlan to another vlan and did a reboot but that also doesnt change the vlan of the clients. So I guess, that there is a cache that has to be cleared. Is the assigned vLAN stored in the ARP-Cache?

Thanks for your help

Juergen

• 2.  RE: Cached VLAN Assignment?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 14, 2024 06:25 AM

What is the port/switch configuration? Do you have port-access (authentication) configured?

Is that for all computers? Or just some of them? Could it be that these computers query the network for the voice-vlan and connect there?

ARP cache is separate from the VLAN assignment as far as I know.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Cached VLAN Assignment?

Posted Feb 15, 2024 02:34 PM

No there is no authentication configured. Its just a untagged vlan for the office and a tagged vlan marked as voice for the phones.

But sometimes some clients are set into the phone-vlan I guess only for a few seconds and afterwards to the office vlan. But then they have already the phone-vlan dhcp done and are with a phone-vlan IP in the office VLAN.