Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Campus AP Converted to IAP

This thread has been viewed 27 times
  • 1.  Campus AP Converted to IAP

Posted Jul 19, 2022 06:53 AM
    Hi All,

Apologies if this has been done to death in the past but I have been asked if it is possible to convert Campus AP to an IAP on 325 Access Points. The 325 here originally Campus and not the 'Unified' type as far as I know.

I have found this which makes me assume that it is now possible.

Converting APs to Instant APs (arubanetworks.com)

I'm unable to access the VMC they are on at present to gain any software info but should have access granted soon hopefully. Has anyone had any experiance of trying this.
    TIA

• 2.  RE: Campus AP Converted to IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2022 08:57 AM
    Yes.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Campus AP Converted to IAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2022 08:58 AM
    Mileage may vary. The early series AP325 will not be able to run Instant firmware due to memory constraints. The command was introduced to support AOS10 on older APs, and should only be used for that purpose. You will end up with an unsupported situation, which may be acceptable in lab, but probably not in production.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.