Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Campus AP slowness in tunnel mode

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Campus AP slowness in tunnel mode

Posted Jan 17, 2023 10:20 AM
    Hi community,

I would need some help with a problem which I'm experiencing in my Lab. I have a customer with only a main branch, and they have there two controllers with all campus AP in tunnel mode. They've acquired a new building some hundred of kilometers far away and they've hired a MPLS connection. I've registered one campus AP in tunnel mode against the controller located at the main branch and I'm having some speed issues, I can see the AP from the controller, the SSID is being broadcasted on the remote location and I can connect my laptop through the SSID, but it extremely slow... It's not fault of ISP because the wired connection through the same breakout works fine.....

Do yo have any idea to test? I'm completely lost......

------------------------------
    tech_sec

• 2.  RE: Campus AP slowness in tunnel mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 17, 2023 11:09 AM
    Do you have "Broadcast Filtering" enabled on your Virtual APs?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 3.  RE: Campus AP slowness in tunnel mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 18, 2023 04:32 AM
    What version are you running?  What is the type of controller and APs at both the main and remote site?