Community Feedback

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

How is the community doing? Do you have any questions or feedback related for the Airheads Community team? This is the place to let us know.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can Clearpass accept information from ServiceNow, specifically for updating NAC?

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Can Clearpass accept information from ServiceNow, specifically for updating NAC?

Posted Mar 12, 2024 02:27 PM

Example, a ServiceNow ticket is created to request NAC access for a device, once approved, can clearpass receive that data from ServiceNow and automate the task for adding a new device?

• 2.  RE: Can Clearpass accept information from ServiceNow, specifically for updating NAC?

Posted Mar 12, 2024 03:08 PM

Clearpass has an Extension for ServiceNow, that could assist in such a feature. That extension is primarily focused on bi-directional synchronization for Device Status/Attributes. CPPM ServiceNow Integration

Using this you could poll for device db changes, as well as use as an authorization source. 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful, please Accept Solution and Give Kudos.
    Zak Chalupka
    Principal Engineer - HPE Aruba
    ACDX | ACMP | ACSP | ACCP
    wifizak@hpe.com
    Ideas expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Can Clearpass accept information from ServiceNow, specifically for updating NAC?

Posted Mar 13, 2024 08:45 AM

Hi Zak,

Thank you so much for reviewing and responding. I'll ask my teams to look into streamlining this process.

Hope you're doing well!

- Gahhhside

• 4.  RE: Can Clearpass accept information from ServiceNow, specifically for updating NAC?

Posted Mar 13, 2024 10:15 AM

Doing great, hope the same for you. That is a commonly used Extension for many customers. 

If my post was useful, please Accept Solution and Give Kudos.
    Zak Chalupka
    Principal Engineer - HPE Aruba
    ACDX | ACMP | ACSP | ACCP
    wifizak@hpe.com
    Ideas expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE Aruba.