SD-WAN

View Only
last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss HPE Aruba EdgeConnect SD-WAN and SD-Branch solutions. This includes SD-WAN Orchestration WAN edge network functions - routing, security, zone-based firewall, segmentation and WAN optimization, micro-branch solutions, best practics, and third-party integrations. All things SD-WAN!
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I troubleshoot IKE and IPSEC negotiaiton on a microbranch?

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Can I troubleshoot IKE and IPSEC negotiaiton on a microbranch?

Posted 12 days ago

We seem to be running into a lot of issues with microbranch deployments. When trying to help create solid cases to TAC I realized that I don't know how to debug IKE and IPSEC on a Microbranch site. 

Aruba central provides no suggestions and using methods described for older AOS version do not seem to work. Is there a way to see the IPSEC negotiation process? 

TY

------------------------------
    Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 2.  RE: Can I troubleshoot IKE and IPSEC negotiaiton on a microbranch?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 12 days ago

thats strange, I have Microbranch APs and they take about 60-90 sec to establish IPSEC tunnels using LTE as uplink. 

Also note that with microbranch there is no IKE, the orchestration happens from Aruba Central (OTO)

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Can I troubleshoot IKE and IPSEC negotiaiton on a microbranch?

Posted 11 days ago

Yes, I don't know what to say, these are all devices running on 10.5 and the latest 10.6 code. 10.4 had an issue for us so we had to use 10.5 code or above.

Martijn van Overbeek
    Architect, Netcraftsmen a BlueAlly Company

• 4.  RE: Can I troubleshoot IKE and IPSEC negotiaiton on a microbranch?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 11 days ago

I am running 10.4.1.2 and 10.6.0.1 on my MB APs. I suggest take one of the MF APs home and test it from there.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.