Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot clear AP from database

This thread has been viewed 42 times
  • 1.  Cannot clear AP from database

MVP
    Posted Aug 16, 2022 10:45 AM

I have two 7240XMs clustered and managed by a cluster of virtual conductors. Currently running 8.10.0.2.

I replaced and upgraded an AP so I now I want to clear the old one out of the database. From the conductor gui, in the list of down APs, I found the AP, then clicked the 'delete' icon to delete the AP.

I noticed it was successfully removed from the database on controller #1, but it is still in the database on controller #2.

So then from the conductor CLI I also tried the following two commands, but neither of these worked to remove it from controller #2:
    ​​clear gap-db wired-mac <mac>
    clear gap-db stale-ap wired-mac <mac> lms lms-ip <ip>

Should the 'delete' icon from the conductor gui not remove it from all cluster members?
    What else can I try to clean up and remove the AP from controller #2?

Related questions - I see there is still an entry in the cpsec allowlist-db​ list for this replaced AP I want to remove and clean up.
    Looks like the 'delete' icon workflow doesn't clean up the allowlist-db entry?
    Should I manually delete the allowlist-db entry? I will never be using this AP again, and assume its good practice to also have it removed from the cpsec allowlist-db?

I'm going to be upgrading and replacing 100's of APs here the next few months, and want to keep things as cleaned up as possible. Hope there is an easy way to accomplish this. Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Cannot clear AP from database

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 16, 2022 08:43 PM
    If you want to only see access points that are up, do a "clear gab-db lms-ip" to clear all of the access points.  The APs that are up will recreate themselves immediately.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card
    ------------------------------