Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot delete down AP's from Controller (8.10.0.6 LSR)

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Cannot delete down AP's from Controller (8.10.0.6 LSR)

Posted Aug 29, 2023 10:43 AM

Hi,

Just curious if anyone else has come across this? We have a cluster of 4 - 7240XM's. There are multiple AP's on the cluster that are "Down" and we would like to delete them - but are not able to. We have already tried the following:

1. From the Controler GUI - selecting the AP and clicking "delete". Tried it multiple times - no luck.
    2. From CLI - tried all "clear gap-db" commands - nothing works.

Thoughts? Thank you,

Chintan

• 2.  RE: Cannot delete down AP's from Controller (8.10.0.6 LSR)

Posted Aug 30, 2023 04:43 PM

Yes,  I have come across this issue. Haven't figured out of on my own. I'm planning to skate TAC soon. 

• 3.  RE: Cannot delete down AP's from Controller (8.10.0.6 LSR)

Posted Sep 05, 2023 01:54 PM

I have also started a case with TAC and waiting to hear back. If you find anything new - could you please reply back to this post. Thanks,

Chintan

• 4.  RE: Cannot delete down AP's from Controller (8.10.0.6 LSR)

Posted 21 days ago

Any update to this case? got the same problem on version 8.10.0.7. 
    Can't delete the AP from GUI. Cant't see the AP from the conductor but on the controller the AP is visible. Command "clear gap-db" hasn't worked unfortunately.

• 5.  RE: Cannot delete down AP's from Controller (8.10.0.6 LSR)

Posted Sep 07, 2023 08:55 AM

We have seen this issue as well. We have removed them by finding what active controller that AP won't delete and in a maintenance window reboot that controller and it goes away. I too have not opened a case with TAC yet. 

• 6.  RE: Cannot delete down AP's from Controller (8.10.0.6 LSR)

Posted 21 days ago

Any update to this case? got the same problem on version 8.10.0.7. 
    Can't delete the AP from GUI. Cant't see the AP from the conductor but on the controller the AP is visible. Command "clear gap-db" hasn't worked unfortunately.