Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot Remove An Old Certificate

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Cannot Remove An Old Certificate

Posted May 22, 2023 02:47 PM

Hello all,

I am trying to clean up some old certificates in our Aruba Mobility Master, but now whenever I try and change configurations and update them, I am presented with an error on one of our 2 controllers only: Failed to delete instance.  Cert is either not present or referenced by an application. 

I can confirm this by seeing that the Captive Portal Certificate on Controller 1 is set to the old certificate, wildcardcert2023.  It is set the same on Controller 2, but when I am in SSH on Controller 2 I get an alert: Web Server Configuration (Invalid: Error: server certificate "wildcardcert2023" not found).  I don't get this alert on Controller 1.  

Whenever I try and configure terminal I get an alert:

This controller is managed by a Mobility Master.
    Configuration changes can only be performed on the Mobility Master.

But when I am in the mobility master all the settings are set to the new certificate for the captive portal.  I am unsure what I can do!  Please help.

• 2.  RE: Cannot Remove An Old Certificate
    Best Answer

Posted May 22, 2023 03:14 PM

Figured it out.  Had to upload a new certificate of the matching name, then force all the profiles onto that certificate, this allowed me to deploy changes.  Then I went in, changed the certificate back to what I wanted, deployed changes.  Waited for all the controllers to show all the ssl settings being on the new certificate.  Then I went in and deleted the old certificate, deployed that change, and now I'm good to go.