Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

This thread has been viewed 64 times
  • 1.  Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

Posted Dec 23, 2022 06:59 AM
    Hi, We're facing a weird issue, at some part of the floor, users are not able to connect to WiFi. It shows can't connect to network. 
    I can't imagine of network issue, because its not connecting to WiFi itself. But whereas the same client if moved to some other place, i'm able to connect. 
    All APs are managed same VC. I'm runngin out of thoughts.

• 2.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2022 08:16 AM
    It's hard to find a root-cause based on this information. I would recommend to work with your Aruba partner or Aruba Support.

Next steps to investigate are if the AP is broadcasting the SSID, if the client sees the SSID, and if the issue is related to a single AP (for all clients) or a single type of client, wireless channel (some clients don't support certain wirless clients), band (2.4/5/6 GHz), authentication type...

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2022 09:02 AM
    Make sure the client VLAN is trunked to that access point.

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 4.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

Posted Dec 23, 2022 09:07 AM
    Its a single vlan, all aps in same vlan as firewall which is dhcp server.

I can see wifi led oN AP but when intry to commect, then it throws error. After restarting AP it works for sometime then again goes tonsame error after sometime.

I can client count 0 in VC after restarting those APs only its working that too for sometime 

• 5.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2022 09:12 AM
    What version of Instant are you running?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 6.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

Posted Jan 12, 2023 09:44 PM
    I have the same issue right now.

we are currently using 11 x Aruba 550 Series Access Points and having problems with them every week. Time to time some access points (not all) report errors that the WIFI password is wrong. The devices which were already connected to the WIFI get a error message that the wifi password is wrong and we should enter the new passwort. After typing the right password, we are still getting the error that the password is wrong.

After we restart all the APs via Master Controller, the APs are working again without problems and we are able to connect with devices again.

It is happening almost once or twice in a week.

• 7.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

Posted Jan 12, 2023 09:44 PM
    i am having the same issues.

we are currently using 11 x Aruba 550 Series Access Points and having problems with them every week. Time to time some access points (not all) report errors that the WIFI password is wrong. The devices which were already connected to the WIFI get a error message that the wifi password is wrong and we should enter the new passwort. After typing the right password, we are still getting the error that the password is wrong.

After we restart all the APs via Master Controller, the APs are working again without problems and we are able to connect with devices again.

It is happening almost once or twice in a week.

• 8.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 16, 2023 12:04 PM
    After a firmware update to 8.10.0.X (latest one) my issue got resolved.

• 9.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

Posted Feb 02, 2023 05:41 AM
    hello i am still having the same problem. I have to restart the access points every one or two weeks.

• 10.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2023 11:14 PM
    please reach out to our Technical Assistance Centre

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 11.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

Posted Mar 01, 2024 10:37 AM

Hi,

I'm facing the same trouble for weeks now .... Did you resolve this problem ?
    I resolve this problem, disabling and reactivate the wifi adaptator ont the laptop -> not very funny for my users.

Regards

• 12.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

Posted Mar 01, 2024 11:37 AM
    Hi in my case it's the switches. 
    We placed netgear poe switches,  which has some kind of sticky mac addresses. 

Means if one client connected to ap in port1, switch expects its mac address to work from that specific port only.. until the client mac changes or the mac address table refresh happens at the switch.

Check ur luck with different switches

Sampath

• 13.  RE: Can't connect to Network Aruba AP-515

Posted Mar 01, 2024 02:46 PM

Take a look for a feature on the switch, usually called "Port Security", and turn it off.