Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT)

View Only
last person joined: 16 days ago 

Forum to discuss the HPE Aruba Networking Edge Service Platform and all associated products and solutions for any type of IoT or IIoT application. Included are IoT technology partners (eg. EnOcean, Microsoft, and Zebra) and IIOT technology partners (eg. ABB and Siemens)
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't detect mobile devices with IoT

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Can't detect mobile devices with IoT

Posted Jun 28, 2023 10:26 AM

Hello Everyone, 

I have an AP 510 (APIN0515) and I need to detect some class of beacons and forward them to a server through HTTPS. 

On the server I successfully receive signals through AP from sensors and beacons, but I'm not able to make the AP detect an Android (12) device configured to send advertisement via BLE. I tried to configure it as an iBeacon and as Eddystone, both UID and URL with no luck.

As iBeacon i suspect that the reason could be that I cannot set flags to 020106, but only to 020102 (that seems to be the only difference between my android ble packet and other successfully detected iBeacon)

Anyone has suggestion? For sure I'm missing something

Thanks in advance

• 2.  RE: Can't detect mobile devices with IoT

Posted Jun 28, 2023 10:37 AM

I found that the Android Device MAC Address is detected but filtered due to Private MAC Address by AP BLE Input Filter.

Can I disable it? 

• 3.  RE: Can't detect mobile devices with IoT

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 30, 2023 06:04 AM

We do filter private-resolvable and private-non-resolvable addresses and we create devices for public and random-static addresses only in regards to the APs BLE device table. 
    Using BLE data service all sources are forwarded via the IoT transport but with BLE telemetry you will only get the BLE devices with none private sources addresses because they are not in the APs BLE device table.