Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Central Delayed Activation

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Central Delayed Activation

Posted Feb 23, 2024 04:00 AM

Dear All,

I would need some more detailed information regarding delayed activation of Central device subscriptions. The datasheet mentions: "Purchase subscriptions now and activate them up to 90 days later to align with network deployments, expansions, or other upcoming IT initiatives." Does this require some special ordering process? Or we simply order the device subscription as usual and after e-delivery we have 90 days to add the subscription on Greenlake portal when we need it,  without loosing any period from the ordered subscription term. 

How granularly we can use this delayed activation? In case we purchased 100 AP device subscription am I able to activate it in GreenLake in more steps with less devices (30, 20, 50) or only in one shot?

Thank you!

Cheers,

LG

• 2.  RE: Central Delayed Activation
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2024 09:50 AM

Delayed activation is available for certain consumption types and through specific partners and has to be requested during ordering. Please work with your local Aruba partner, or if you are a partner (think Arrow is distributor is some countries), your Aruba Channel Sales contact.

As far as I understand, delayed activation involves the full subscription block in one shot.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------