Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Change Country Code - 7240 Controller

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Change Country Code - 7240 Controller

Posted Aug 19, 2022 10:49 AM

My organization supports multiple countries with Aruba controllers and APs including the USA, Europe, and the Pacific areas. I have a 7240 controller that I would like to change the country code from Japan to Korea. I am told by my boss that Aruba was able to do this in the past if we mailed the controller back to them they will take care of making that change.

My question is do I just create an RMA support case to initiate this request? Is there anything else I need to do?

• 2.  RE: Change Country Code - 7240 Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2022 04:51 AM
    I'm not aware of a possibility to get a controller RMA-ed to change the country code. Have not seen that before, and can see that it would introduce compliance issues, unless the full controller is replaced by another RW-controller.

You may try to contact TAC, but expect that it would not be possible, in which case it may be best to contact your Aruba partner or Aruba sales team to see what can be done in this case.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Change Country Code - 7240 Controller

Posted Aug 23, 2022 01:33 AM

Herman,

I was instructed by my manager to open a case for this so that is what I did today. The country code needs to change from "Japan" to "Rest of the World". Regarding your comments, I agree that I am not sure if support will redo the code on the controller itself or if the controller will be swapped/replaced.

Here are the details of the case I opened:

Case Reference ID: 5366784462
    Subject: MSM Controller & AP-Change Country Code - 7240 Aruba Wireless Controller
    Product: Aruba 7240 (JP) TAA 4p 10GBase-X (SFP+) 2p Dual Pers (10/100/1000BASE-T or SFP) Controller
    Product Number: JW766A
    Serial number: CX0002100ARB

Regards,
    Rick

• 4.  RE: Change Country Code - 7240 Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 23, 2022 05:04 PM
    We usually don't do this, however, we are looking to implement a process to make this change.     
    Stay tuned for more details