Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Change regulatory domain via FW re-flahs

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Change regulatory domain via FW re-flahs

Posted Aug 01, 2022 01:38 PM
    We have a number of AP's that are US regulatory domain, but our environment and cluster is all RW. 

I am aware that you cannot mix them together, but I was hoping that there would be a way to change the regulatory domain via FW re-flash?

Thanks for the help.

• 2.  RE: Change regulatory domain via FW re-flahs

Posted Aug 01, 2022 10:47 PM
    No, they are hardware locked.

• 3.  RE: Change regulatory domain via FW re-flahs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 02, 2022 02:59 AM
    The regulatory domain is tied to the hardware for legal reasons. You should not have US APs outside of US Territories, nor you should have RW APs inside; so the situation should not exist unless APs are shipped to places where they shouldn't.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------