Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Change user profile in guest wifi from guest to another?

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  Change user profile in guest wifi from guest to another?

Posted Jan 26, 2023 09:07 AM
    Hello,

we have 2x 7205 controllers in a cluster under a aruba mm, currently running version 8.10 on the controllers.
    As guest wifi we used the internal captive portal, now we would like to change the profile of the guests after login in the guest wifi from guest to an own created one.
    Unfortunately we have not found where we can change this, maybe someone has an idea.

Thanks a lot

------------------------------
    Tobias

• 2.  RE: Change user profile in guest wifi from guest to another?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2023 12:17 PM
    What do you use to authenticate the users? If that is a external server you may return the Aruba-User-Role an a successful authentication.

With the internal server you may try to set the default guest role to something else under L3 Authentication - Captive Portal Authentication:
    Change that to the role you want...

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Change user profile in guest wifi from guest to another?

Posted Jan 27, 2023 03:48 AM
    Hi,

we use the internal captive portal with internal guest users.
    under captive portal authentication we already changed the user role, but after the guest login, the guest get the guest role, not the role we change under the captive portal authentication.
    maybe the problem is, that the users are listed in the internal captive portal by the sponsors with the role guest. no idea if you can change this somewhere...

Thanks

Tobias

• 4.  RE: Change user profile in guest wifi from guest to another?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2023 06:01 AM
    I don't have a system to test with, but it may be that the internal user database also has a role to each user which overrides the default and default guest roles. With server derivation rules, or changing it in the internal guest database you may get this fixed, but it may be best to work with your Aruba partner or Aruba Support to get the proper solution. The internal database and internal captive portal is not used very widely as far as I can see; most customers use external captive portals as these have more features and can be better customized. Quite sure it can be done, but as mentioned I don't have a system to test it with.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Change user profile in guest wifi from guest to another?

Posted Jan 30, 2023 05:11 PM
    Hi, as a Herman told you,

Try to check the internal repository on MM level and check the rol that assign here.

Also, when you use the Guest user page, the MM always add the user with guest role.

I hope it help you.