View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Expand all | Collapse all

Channels and power

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Channels and power

Posted May 22, 2023 05:04 PM

Hi guys!

Lately I've noticed that two of my APs working on lower dbms than they should and after excluding "+" channels ( 36+, 44+, ... etc. ) they started working on given range of power. I am just curious why using "+" channels decrease power of a signal? 

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Channels and power

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 26, 2023 11:42 AM

What channels and power do your APs end up on? If you have fewer channels, you will have more 'co-channel interference' and AirMatch will reduce power to improve that.
    If you removed 40MHz channels and the AP switched to 80 or 160MHz, it makes sense that the power is reduced. If you removed 40MHz channels and all radios switch to 20MHz, I would expect the power to increase because of more available channels.

Channel and power selection can be a bit counterintuitive, so reaching out to your Aruba partner and have a look together may be worth as well.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Channels and power

Posted May 26, 2023 04:29 PM

Thank you for your response.
    For testing purposes I've set min power to 15dbm and I saw that AP transmits 11dbm on "+" channel, when I removed "+" channels though, everything started working as expected on 40mhz as before.