Controllerless Networks

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cheap options to extend signal for IAP-315 network?

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Cheap options to extend signal for IAP-315 network?

Posted Aug 18, 2022 01:50 AM
    We need to extend our signal without running a cable and my boss doesn't want to buy a new AP to extend the signal for 1-2 clients.

Can Instant-on APs mesh with a IAP-315 network? (I'm guessing not). Or would we have to look at something like an IAP-303, or go for some type of dumb repeater?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Cheap options to extend signal for IAP-315 network?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2022 08:19 AM
    InstantON APs will not mesh with Instant APs.

Using another Instant AP may work if that AP can run the same firmware version. Expect performance degradation for clients connected to that AP when using mesh (as well for clients connected to the primary AP).
    Repeaters should be avoided, but are cheap. Expect really poor performance and stability issues with those.

Best option is to run a cable. Better solutions come with a higher cost, but in the end may be cheaper if there are no/less issues.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------