Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Chromecast not working

This thread has been viewed 61 times
  • 1.  Chromecast not working

Posted Jan 30, 2023 05:47 PM
    Hi,

I've tried many solutions found on the web. It was working before christmas. Chromecast devices aren't working anymore. Clients and Chromecast are on the same VLAN.

Thank you

Mobility Master VA v8.10.0.5
    Mobility Controller 7205 (x2) v8.10.0.5
    AP-515 (x153)

• 2.  RE: Chromecast not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2023 06:42 PM
    do you have Instant APs?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Jan 30, 2023 06:47 PM
    Hi,

Here is my setup:
    Mobility Master VA v8.10.0.5
    Mobility Controller 7205 (x2) v8.10.0.5
    AP-515 (x153)

Not sure what are "instant ap". I'm new to Aruba.

Thank you

• 4.  RE: Chromecast not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2023 08:21 PM
    try to uncheck this field, this way the clients will see the broadcasts of chromcast service.

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Feb 01, 2023 01:54 PM
    Still doesn't work.

• 6.  RE: Chromecast not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 31, 2023 10:09 AM
    If it worked before and you didn't make any changes, I would work with TAC.

Have you configured Airgroup for your Chromecast devices?

I think in a different post you mentioned that you only see half of your clients in the MM; possibly the ones that are on one of your controllers. That indicates that there may be an issue in the communication between one of your controllers and the MM, and that can also have an effect on AirGroup. I would recommend to first address that issue before moving to this Chromecast issue.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 7.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Jan 31, 2023 10:28 AM
    Hi,

TAC doesn't want to help because I don't have a foundation care contract. I don't know what type of contract I should have.

I can see more client on a controller than on the mobility master webui.

Chromecast is not configure on AirGroup because I work on the same VLAN.

Thank you

• 8.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Feb 01, 2023 01:56 PM
    I should say: I have 1 alert saying crash files available but I don't know why.

• 9.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Feb 02, 2023 08:39 PM
    I know you said Chromecast not configured in Airgroup, but is Airgroup enabled at all currently on the MM? If it were, even if devices in same VLAN I believe would be filtered.

• 10.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Feb 03, 2023 09:48 AM
    Yes AirGroup is enabled for Airplay/print across VLANs but I don't want the Chromecasts to be available across VLANs.

• 11.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Feb 03, 2023 10:38 AM
    I did a new AirGroup profile to add Googlecast and disallowed it for one role. Does't seems to work, still no Googlecast devices discovered.

• 12.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Feb 03, 2023 11:12 AM
    I can see the Chromecast servers in "show airgroup servers"

• 13.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Feb 03, 2023 02:39 PM
    1. Did you upgrade to 8.10.0.5 between Christmas and now? Or were you already on 8.10.0.5 back when this was working?
    2. Do you have an Aruba Representative contact at your organization - or whomever the equipment was purchased from [was trying to think of how you could more info about "not the right support contract". If nothing else has changed, that's really the next best next step.

Something you could check for is what is the output of "show airgroup flow-table"?
      Reason I was curious about if you upgraded, 8.10 introduced AirGroup v2 which is a drastic change with how AirGroup works on the back-end. In addition, "Auto-Associate" by "AP-Name" is enabled by default and can't be disabled. So if you're client isn't associated to the same AP the chromecast is on - or a neighbor of that AP-  it won't be discovered for example.

• 14.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Feb 03, 2023 03:23 PM
    It was working on 8.10.0.5 before Christmas.

I'm in the process of purchasing a contract but I don't have it yet. Maybe soon.

show airgroup flow-table

on the MM it says : Module Multicast DNS Listener is busy. Please try later
    on the controllers : Command not applicable for this platform

My AirGroup is in distributed mode.

• 15.  RE: Chromecast not working

Posted Feb 03, 2023 03:48 PM
    I can now see the Chromecast device on another VLAN but not the one with the Cromecast device itself.