Location Services

View Only
last person joined: 11 days ago 

Location-based mobile app development and Bluetooth-based asset tracking with Meridian. Gathering analytics and business intelligence from Wi-Fi with Analytics and Location Engine (ALE).
Expand all | Collapse all

Cisco DNS Spaces

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Cisco DNS Spaces

Posted 26 days ago

Hi Community

We have a client that is migrating away from Cisco WiFI to Aruba AOS10 (600 series AP's).

With the current Cisco that we are replacing, they used Cisco's DNA Spaces to provide a captive portal for Guests (And some location based services).

I had a look online but it does not seem that DNA Spaces allows for a another Vendor solution to utilize its Captive Portal.

Can anyone confirm if Cisco DNA Spaces would allow the Aruba AP's to utilize its Captive portal.

In my mind this is just and external Captive portal, should work 100% fine, but it being Cisco, I can only imagine it is vendor lock in.

• 2.  RE: Cisco DNS Spaces

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 25 days ago

I don't know about DNA Spaces, but your assumption may be valid.

Did you know that with AOS10/Central, there is a cloud hosted captive portal included? Unless you have very specific workflows, that may be a good alternative.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------