View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass

This thread has been viewed 44 times
  • 1.  Clearpass

Posted Nov 17, 2022 12:05 PM
    hi all,

really need your advice and experise regarding to my "issue". so in a next weeks i have to configure 1 HA Clearpass appliances and also migrate WLC from old WLC to new WLC (different type and version). the clearpass will be use to manage security of WLC user, like policy based on the username, etc. but one thing that am not sure is, should i migrate the WLC first then configure the Clearpass or is it possible to do both at the same time ?

really appreciate for all responses

• 2.  RE: Clearpass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2022 03:28 AM
    I would not do both changes at the same time, as if there are issues, you don't know which part of the change caused the issue.

The options you have seem to be:
    - Implement ClearPass, migrate WLAN to new controller after
    - Migrate to new WLAN controller, implement ClearPass after
    - Build new WLAN controller with ClearPass config, test with few APs and make sure clients work fine, then move APs to new controller gradually while monitoring that there are no issues.

For each of those, there can be reasons to do or don't. Also, it depends what changes ClearPass requires on your clients. And it depends what is the size/complexity of your deployment.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Clearpass

Posted Dec 04, 2022 07:11 AM
    hi herman,

thanks alot for your suggestion, after i discuss with internal, we decide it to do WLAN migration first then clearpass