Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

This thread has been viewed 83 times
  • 1.  ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

Posted Jan 17, 2023 02:31 AM
    Hi

One of my customers have hardware C1000 and C3010 servers in several clusters.
    We have upgraded the first test environment to ClearPass 6.11 but get an error message stating that the server doesn't have a valid support contract.
    There are active support contracts for all hardwares, but from my perspective it looks like there are some mapping missing in the backend on the Aruba side.
    A ticket has been opened with the partner who have the Partner Branded Support agreement, but what can be done for other customers to not end up in the same situation?

During the year I will need to support installation of ClearPass 6.11 on about 30-40 ClearPass hosts for about 15 different customers and would like this to be as smooth as possible.

Another question related to the installation of version 6.11, is there any roll back option on the hardware platforms?
    Some of the customers require a description of roll back plans in the change request.

------------------------------
    Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    MVP 2023, ACCX #1335, ACMP, ACDP, ACP-Network Security, ACEP, ACSA
    Aranya AB
    If you find my answer useful, consider giving kudos and/or mark as solution

• 2.  RE: ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

Posted Jan 18, 2023 03:14 PM
    having the same issues myself with eval licences. linked to ASP but not allowed to update.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

Posted Jan 18, 2023 03:17 PM
    an update, once i added in my access licences it seemed to clear the warning.

• 4.  RE: ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

Posted Jan 19, 2023 02:14 AM
    I have this issue with hardware licenses and the Access license is installed. The support agreement should be renewed and active, but as far as I know I can't verify the mapping of the licenses to a support agreement myself.

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    Aranya AB

• 5.  RE: ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

Posted Jan 20, 2023 07:50 AM
    Had my team open a support case prior to attempting the switch to 6.11after reading about the SAID having to be active.  Asked Aruba to first confirm they were all active.  We also had active support contract but 2 of the 5 CPPM servers we have were not showing active SAIDs.  They just added them for us.  Fingers crossed the upgrades go smooth.

• 6.  RE: ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

Posted Jan 20, 2023 09:36 AM
    Yes, I think this is the way to work.
    I have open such ticket for the ClearPass servers we have in our services, and found out that several of them are not mapped in a correct way to SAID.
    In some cases due to RMA's where the new serial number haven't been added to the agreement.

I suppose the team working with these questions at Aruba will have quite a lot to do during the year...

Best Regards
    Jonas Hammarbäck
    Aranya AB

• 7.  RE: ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2023 11:15 AM
    I checked with the product team and they are aware and working to resolve the inconveniences. One thing is that after you added your ASP account to ClearPass, it may take a night to pull in the correct entitlement.

Also, there may be in the future an installation file to directly install CPPM 6.11.1, without the need to go through 6.11.0, wait for the entitlement and then upgrade to 6.11.1. You may reach out to TAC if you (or others reading this) get stuck at some point to get your issues resolved.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 8.  RE: ClearPass 6.11 Platform License does not have valid Support Contract

Posted Jan 26, 2023 02:43 AM
    Thank you Herman, as you have correctly told me at Airheads Meetup in Geneva it is the same when running Clearpass using Evaluation licenses. On the day of the licenses activation it is not possible to upgrade the server but the next day the error has disappeared and upgrade is possible.

Christian