Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass and Catalyst 2960X - EAP-TLS timeout

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Clearpass and Catalyst 2960X - EAP-TLS timeout

Posted Mar 27, 2024 10:55 AM

Hello Airheads,

We are testing in our lab the integration of Clearpass and Cisco Catalyst 2960X for wired 802.1X authentication of Win11 Laptops.

Everything works fine with EAP-PEAP, but when we switch the supplicant to EAP-TLS, we have RADIUS timeout logs in the access tracker. If we connect the same endpoint on an Aruba 2530 configured for 802.1X, EAP-TLS works fine.

Clearpass version is 6.11.5 , Catalyst 2960X IOS version is the latest available, Endpoint device is Windows 11 Laptop with the latest patch.

I just wanted to ask if anybody here succeeded in configuring the same environment with EAP-TLS with Cisco Catalyst 2960X and Clearpass, or if you have any suggestion to let it work.

Thank you

Kindly

Alessandro

• 2.  RE: Clearpass and Catalyst 2960X - EAP-TLS timeout

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 29 days ago

not per say, but a packet capture could be able to narrow it.
    fragmentation issue?

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Clearpass and Catalyst 2960X - EAP-TLS timeout

Posted 29 days ago

Hello and thank you,

I don't think fragmentation could be a problem since we have the same MTU size on both Catalyst and HPE switches.

Anyway I will take a PCAP from the port to investigate deeper.

Kind regards

Alessandro