Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass API creating multiple network devices.

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  ClearPass API creating multiple network devices.

Posted Aug 07, 2022 06:48 PM
    Hello all,

After a couple of days trying to dig through as much documentation as possible I have encountered a road block with my POST to create multiple network devices. 

I am using PostMan for my API call's and haven't had any issue executing single device creations, other tasks within the API.

When trying to send in my call to create multiple devices I am getting a 422 HTTP code.

I am assuming it may be something with how my JSON request is formatted. I am by no means an expert, so this is going to likely be the issue. Like I said though creating singular devices, etc I have no issues.

Attached is an example of the formatting (note the url, ips, etc. are that way purely for example sake I am using all the necessary variables in order to enable successful API calls.

Any guidance would be beyond appreciate. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ClearPass API creating multiple network devices.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 08, 2022 10:40 AM
    You probably should just replicate the API call with one single device in each call. I don't think you can add multiple devices in a single API call.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: ClearPass API creating multiple network devices.

Posted Aug 08, 2022 12:59 PM
    Ah very well - that what I was trying to get to was doing that via one API call. I appreciate the quick feedback!