Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Automated Guest Accounts?

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Automated Guest Accounts?

Posted 15 days ago

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping to get some guidance from people who have more experience with Clearpass.

I am currently hoping to implement an easier way for our Staff to obtain Guest Access codes on Clearpass for when we have short-term guests visiting.

Currently, we have a spreadsheet where staff members go and grab an access code. However, we have encountered issues with staff not documenting properly on the spreadsheet if they used the guest account. So I was wondering if there is a way for someone to request 1 or multiple guest accounts and they will receive it automatically without the hassle of manually giving them access or without the use of the spreadsheet. I also want to make sure this is secure in case we need to track down someone's device and who requested the accounts in case we have a rogue employee.

What's the best way I can deal with this?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Automated Guest Accounts?

MVP GURU
    Posted 15 days ago

Have you looked into Self-Registration with ClearPass? You would display a splash page / captive portal login and display a from the the guest to fill out. This form can require a code to create an account, can just let them create the account without a code, or a combination of other things. You can also require sponsorship which means an employee would need to sponsor via an e-mail delivered to them at account creation, or log into ClearPass to approve. You could allow short term access until sponsored as well and extend their access.

The login to the guest module can also be customized to give certain groups of internal users access. You can have administrators that can create any number of accounts and modify forms, or you can have receptionists only be able to create the accounts, but not be able to change the configuration.

------------------------------
    Dustin Burns

Lead Mobility Engineer @Worldcom Exchange, Inc.

ACCX 1271| ACMX 509| ACSP | ACDA | MVP Guru 2022-2023
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Automated Guest Accounts?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 15 days ago

If you don't want to use self-registration then use the option to print off the pre-created guest account information.  That way you don't have to track the usage, the guest just has to grab the piece of paper.

Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Automated Guest Accounts?

Posted 9 days ago

You could use an Operator Profile for your Staff members.

This Operator Profile can be customised to just provide the minimum amount of access to allow them to Create Multiple Accounts.

Once the required amount of accounts are created, these accounts will be tied to the user that created them.

if done correctly, the process would just involve entering the amount of accounts required and clicking Create.