Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass captive portal with AOS-S switch

This thread has been viewed 31 times
  • 1.  ClearPass captive portal with AOS-S switch

Posted Mar 17, 2023 05:00 PM

Does anyone have an end to end configuration guide to set up a captive portal with ClearPass for MAC authentication on an AOS-S switch.  I am currently working on setting this up on a 2930F and have been able to get the CPPM certificate installed on the switch.  We have the switch configured for port-access authenticator and port-access Mac-based and we are successfully getting both authentications to ClearPass.  We are using DUR enforcement profiles for both 802.1x and MAC auth and those are all testing successful.  

I am trying to set up a default enforcement that will send users to the captive portal and seem to be missing a piece.  I am trying to understand what enforcement to send to the client when they first connect in order to get the captive portal page.  Once they login, should the enforcement send a COA and then send the user role that allows the Internet access?

Any help on this part would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: ClearPass captive portal with AOS-S switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2023 06:00 PM

check the AOS-S section of wired enforcement technote 

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass captive portal with AOS-S switch

Posted Mar 17, 2023 06:24 PM

I have been through the wired enforcement document but still feel like there are a couple pieces missing.  I see that the ip classes are defined and added to the policy, and the policy has been applied to the user role named SPLASH.  I can't quite figure out where to configure the actual URL that the client should be directed to?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass captive portal with AOS-S switch

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2023 06:42 PM

Assuming you are doing downloadable User Role (DUR) , you need to create another DUR enforcement profile for guest-redirection

hope this helps

If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass captive portal with AOS-S switch

Posted Mar 18, 2023 02:28 PM

Hi, another way to do it if you don't send the captive portal profile from Clearpass would be like this:

### Define the captive portal in the switch assuming the FQDN is clearpass.domain.com and the page for login is: wired-guest.php ###

aaa authentication captive-portal enable
    aaa authentication captive-portal profile "captive-guest-redirect" url "https://clearpass.domain.com/guest/wired-guest.php"

aaa authorization user-role name SPLASH

captive-portal-profile "captive-guest-redirect"

policy CLEARPASS-REDIRECT

vlan-name EDGE_GUEST

I hope this helps

-------------------------------------------