Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Captive Portal with Bridge Forwading Mode

This thread has been viewed 30 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Captive Portal with Bridge Forwading Mode

Posted Jan 04, 2023 05:56 AM
    Hi everyone,

I have a standalone controller where the customer wants every WLAN in Bridge Forwading Mode. A 802.1x WLAN is working fine in this mode, but when we attempt to test a Guest WLAN with a captive portal located in ClearPass, it's not working (if we set the Forwading Mode to Tunnel, it works fine). 

I've been searchig and I've seen in old threads that captive portal in bridge mode is not possible, but I am wondering if for the AOS 8.10 is already implemented to work on bridge mode. 

The controller is in AOS 8.10.0.1.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with Bridge Forwading Mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2023 06:16 AM

Have you followed the documentation settings?

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_8.7.1_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/captive-portal/enab-capt-port-enha.htm?Highlight=captive%20portal

see bottom of the page

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with Bridge Forwading Mode

Posted Jan 04, 2023 06:26 AM
    Yes , I have this documentation link too and I have already enabled the ageout-bridge-user parameter in the aaa profile command but with no success. The URL of the login-page is also in absolute path...

• 4.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with Bridge Forwading Mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2023 07:21 AM

Have you tried to access the Captive Portal page, when you connect to the guest SSID manual by typing in the absolut path of the CP?
    With that we can check if the IP Range of Guest Clients have access to the ClearPass CP Page.

Clients have to be able to reach the CP Page - Tunnel Mode seems to be reachable, but check Bridge Mode.

• 5.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with Bridge Forwading Mode

Posted Jan 04, 2023 07:29 AM
    Yes, the captive portal can be reached once the user is connected to the WLAN, but it seems that it gets stuck in the securelogin check...

• 6.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with Bridge Forwading Mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2023 07:43 AM

What do you mean by "... it seems that it gets stuck in the securelogin check..."?

Firewall inbetween with any Blockings?

• 7.  RE: ClearPass Captive Portal with Bridge Forwading Mode

Posted 15 days ago

Hi,

Trying to do a similar setup now however splash page still won't come up automatically. Manually inputting the Clearpass URL and clicking "continue" brings up an error "404 not found User not allowed"