Security

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Entry license

This thread has been viewed 20 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Entry license

Posted Sep 29, 2022 09:36 AM
    Hi

Using Entry licenses I see there is some XML/REST API's functionality - can this be used with any 3rd party software that supports REST APIs
    thank you

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Entry license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2022 01:54 AM
    you can try but  AFAIK TACACS, profiling or 3rd party integration is not available in Entry lic.

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass Entry license

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 03, 2022 10:27 AM
    These XML/REST APIs are the APIs that ClearPass provides. So you can use the APIs that ClearPass provides, for example to modify endpoints, add/list/change guest users, etc. Outbound APIs, which are triggered by Context Server Actions are only supported to 'local host', so not to external servers. Which means that 3rd party software that is a REST API Client, ClearPass can be the REST API server for that. 3rd party products that are a REST API server require Access Licenses if ClearPass needs to be the REST API Client.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.