Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass error 106 Code LDAP

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Clearpass error 106 Code LDAP

Posted Feb 02, 2023 12:23 PM

Good afternoon

I would like that someone could give me light or some idea,

we are migrating a wifi service on Cisco WLC with LDAP validation, I have added this server as authentication source and running with a tacacs template.

Although LDAP and Radius are different protocols I don't see how I can migrate this service unless it is against an active directory. As all the templates that appear when creating a service are 802.1x.

Could I do it somehow through tacacs?

Thank you for your help

• 2.  RE: Clearpass error 106 Code LDAP

Posted Feb 02, 2023 12:53 PM
    So today the WLC is using direct LDAP for authentication?  Step one is to convert that to RADIUS instead.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass error 106 Code LDAP

Posted Feb 02, 2023 01:09 PM
    Hi!
    At level two, web authentication is configured and then validates against local users or the ldap server.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass error 106 Code LDAP

Posted Feb 02, 2023 02:13 PM
    Yeah this needs to be set to RADIUS instead.  ClearPass is not an LDAP server.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass error 106 Code LDAP

Posted Feb 02, 2023 04:33 PM
    Cisco wlc is not a server either, please let's not lose focus on the question.
    To add information the ssid is configured in Aruba central and the security is delegated to the clearpasss.
    Regards

• 6.  RE: Clearpass error 106 Code LDAP

Posted Feb 03, 2023 08:51 AM
    What? You said you were doing this on a Cisco WLC?  So you have a local web auth page on the WLC that is using LDAP for authentication correct?  Now you want that to occur on an IAP managed by Aruba Central?  ClearPass is not an LDAP server.