Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).

ClearPass Graphite integration with Grafana

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Graphite integration with Grafana

Posted 8 days ago

Hi folks,

I have a very specific subject today. I would like to integrate the ClearPass Graphite data source with Grafana but I can't find any documentation and my Grafana instance cannot request Graphite a the moment.

I've already set up the ACL to allow browsing Graphite and it works using the Graphite browser at /graphite.

In Grafana, I use the IP of my ClearPass server with the port 8081 in HTTP (as configured in the ClearPass embedded Grafana instance) without authentication but I receive the error Gateway Timeout. After a packet capture, it appears that ClearPass is not responding to the Grafana requests. If I need authentication, I don't really know which type I need to use or even which credentials I need.

So, is it even possible to use the Graphite data source with an external Grafana instance and is there any documentation about this subject (other than the CPPM Graphite Reporting tech Note which does not explain external integration) ? Does anyone have successfully implemented this scenario ?

Thanks in advance and have a good day !