Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest New Device Role doesn't show up.

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest New Device Role doesn't show up.

Posted 10 days ago
      |   view attached

I'm trying to update our MPSK roles and add a new role, with a new role ID so that under the same MPSK service, I can have something new use the MPSK SSID. 

Current MSPK settings work ok and I have a role under Clearpass Policy Manager -> Configuration -> Identity -> Roles -> "MPSK-District Device" with a role ID of 3004. - This all was created by the service template.

When I go to Clearpass Guest -> Devices -> Create Device -> under "Account Role" - I see the current role. 

Now I'd like to add a role to this particular list, but I don't see how. Any ideas?

I've added another role, "MPSK-Learning VR" - under Policy Manager - Identity - Roles - it has an ID of 3007. But when I navigate to Clearpass guest and try to create a new new device, I don't have the option for this new role. 

Any help would be appreciated. I've looked at possibly modifying the page, the views, the forms and fields, the list views, but I just cant seem to find a way to add this newly created role so its an option to select under "Clearpass Guest - > Devices - > New device - Account Role" section. 

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest New Device Role doesn't show up.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 10 days ago

You need to edit the [Guest Roles] role mapping.

------------------------------
    Carson Hulcher, ACEX#110
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest New Device Role doesn't show up.

Posted 10 days ago

You're brilliant. Thank you! Exactly what I needed. :)