Security

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Guest session limit and lifetime problem

This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Guest session limit and lifetime problem

Posted May 25, 2023 09:56 AM

We are using Aruba Central for guest captive portal and ClearPass for the Radius server.

I created some guest account in ClearPass Guest with lifetime and session limit.

I purpose that when the user login with the guest account, ClearPass would count the session to prevent the session is over the limit, and the expire time should be updated with the lifetime.

What should I do to make this work? Do I need to set the enforcement Polices?

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Guest session limit and lifetime problem

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2023 07:22 PM

yes you need to have the logic in your enforcement policy, also ensure you have RADIUS accounting enabled.
    you can create MAC auth and MAC caching service using the service template "Guest Authentication with MAC Caching" and you'll see how the enforcement profiles that gets created and you can test it out.  look out for these enforcement profiles, gg is the prefix i chose using the  service template 

gg MAC Caching Session Limit,         
    gg MAC Caching Do Expire,               
    gg MAC Caching Expire Post Login,      
    gg Guest MAC Caching     

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------