Security

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass HA questions

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Clearpass HA questions

Posted Mar 23, 2023 10:43 AM

Hello! i got a few questions regarding this

The configuration seems easy.  

But i want to know a few details

Right now we have one clearpass that is on production and the other one which is there just waiting to be the subcriber

1-Do i need to join in the domain the subcriber first before making it the subcriber?

2-I installed the Radius Eap certificate before making it that clearpass as a subcriber, i saw that you did it after, there is no issue if i leave it like that?

3-I need to create the virtual IP and  change all the switches radius server ips to the virtual ip address, the same will be for the wirleess controller, i need to change the ip it has for the virtual ip address

4-i need to change the captiveporta.domain.com entry on the dns server for the guest users to use the virtual ip.   For this guest vmodule to totally work i will need to have at least one publisher up 

If you think on any other recommendation please advise me thanks

• 2.  RE: Clearpass HA questions
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 23, 2023 12:10 PM

1) Each CPPM will need to be joined to the domain regardless as to whether it is a Publisher or Subscriber. You can do this before promoting/demoting a Publisher/Subscriber.

2) No, the certificates are independent to each CPPM and will survive the Publisher/Subscriber transistion.

3) You can send RADIUS requests to the any interface on CPPM and it will respond. Your design will determine if the switch/controller sends it to MGMT/DATA/VIP.

4) This is correct, the HTTPS certificate should also match this domain too.

I suggest you take a look at the cluster guidelines.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass HA questions

Posted Mar 23, 2023 12:36 PM

Okay 

Do you suggest that i add this new clearpass before doing the HA.  It just that i didnt got that part.  Sorry my english is not that good

Just want to know if i add this before creating the cluster or after creating the cluster

Right now just the clearpass in production is joined in the AD

• 4.  RE: Clearpass HA questions

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 23, 2023 12:47 PM
    Yes, you will need to add the Subcriber before setting up HA. It can be join to the domain either before or after this process.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass HA questions

Posted Mar 25, 2023 10:52 AM

Thank you Craig!